Tuesday 5 November 2013

Lab-ra-dawdle

Main mission for today was A Lab's Tranquility, a short series just to the South of Alcester. I'd read good things about it in previous logs, and I wasn't disappointed. An easy-walking, bovine-free trail and some nifty caches.
Tweet tweet!
This poor little birdie suffered a mishap when I was replacing it, involving a 30yd swim downstream before I was able to rescue it (the bird did the swimming, I ran alongside). I hope it dries out OK..

You'll pass by a small Church along the way, with great views from the Churchyard. Sadly it wasn't open.
St James, Weethley
Once I'd completed the main mission I went off and grabbed a nearby Church Micro, then some more Lab's caches (they seem to be permeating the whole area) along with the Kinwarton trigpoint. Finished off the afternoon with two delightfully constructed caches on the same theme, Stick It In and Stick It Out.

When organising today's caching I'd planned to do the Lab's Meander as well, but the days just keep getting shorter and shorter and I ran out of time. That wasn't a bad thing, as it will allow me to return to this area soon to do that trail, and others.

Some serious route-planning required tomorrow, as I prepare for Church Micro Day on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment