Saturday 2 November 2013

Norfolk Nibbles

My deferred trip to Norfolk today, with the A14 now running smoothly again. First order of the day was a combined jaunt around the Great Ellingham Gallop and Fiddlers Forage circuits, which join together to make a figure-of-eight trail of some 28 caches.
Waterlogged layby
A wet start to the walk but most of the route was fine, although I was rained on near the end. I had no problems with the Gallop caches but a few of the Forages evaded my meagre searching skills. I did learn a new Latin word, Afrecta.

I then moved on to the nearby small Family Toolbox series of 8 caches all on a theme, and all quickly found on an easy-walking route.

I'd planned a number of drive-by Church Micros to finish off with, but only managed two of them before night fell. I'm not too keen on Church Micros after dark, lurking around Churches/Churchyards shining your torch everywhere tends to lead to Questions Being Asked.

A long way to go for 35 smileys, but it was good quality caching.

Tomorrow should be a bigger numbers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment