Thursday 31 October 2013

Oop North

No caching yesterday, Landy was being pampered; new tyres all round. The last set survived for 35,000 miles, it will be interesting to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of this new set as I adopt a calmer, less hurried driving posture.

I'd planned to go Foraging and Galloping around Ellingham in Norfolk today, but the A14 westbound was blocked. Fortunately the weather for oop North was looking better this morning than was forecast yesterday evening, so a hurried change of plans took me onto the Cachephrase trail, a series of 70+ caches recently published. It proved to be a great walk, over 14 miles but all flat and easy-going. A good variety of caches, interesting listings to read on the way round thanks to the theme, and caches set to be easily found.

I did have one serious DNF episode, being unsuccessful in finding all the caches from #1 to #8, which I was doing towards the end of the day. I suspected sabotage as the caches were all found earlier by others, but it could just as well have been serial cache blindness on my part; we'll know soon enough when others hit the trail. Of course it is Halloween tonight...

Still managed 62 smileys and really enjoyed the walk, so a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment