Sunday 20 October 2013

A quickie at Thornhaugh

The weather forecast wasn't too clever for today so I had nothing planned. There I was sitting indoors trying to get some work done, with the sun shining down and the promised deluges stubbornly refusing to materialise. I finally gave in, got my stuff together and headed out to North Cambs. and poshrule's Thornhaugh Trample. I'd originally planned to do this trail at the same time as the larger Thornhaugh and Back trail which adjoins it, but I ran out of both time and stamina.

The Trample is a short series of just 17 caches, taking you through some pleasant woodland paths around the back of Thornhaugh Hall. There is quite a long road section, but it's a quiet road with little traffic.
A neglected Daimler, one of the sadder sights along the route
By the time I'd arrived at my chosen start-point the skies had darkened, but I was able to make it all the way round before the rains finally arrived - late but violent. All caches found without too much effort, although a couple of the BOT micros played hard to get.

I had time for a quick drive-by Church Micro at Water Newton before hitting the water-logged A14 for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment