Thursday 17 October 2013

Thornhaugh and Back

Out to North Cambs. today to tackle an izaakwilson trail. He's the UK's second most prolific cache setter, hot on the heels of his near neighbour poshrule. Between them, these two cachers make up more than 10% of my total cache finds. Their styles are quite similar; lots of caches set out in close proximity to each other on long rural walks, all designed to be easy to find. I like this kind of trail, although they are not everyone's cup of tea.

Today's offering, Thornhaugh and Back, is a 46-cache series set over 9 miles of North Cambridgeshire.
'Road not suitable' - no kidding!
It proved to be a pleasant, uncomplicated route, apart from the penultimate caches which had me getting lost in the quarry/wood area. All the caches were found without any drama. It would be possible to combine this trail with poshrule's Thornhaugh Trample to add another 19+ caches, but the 46 caches I found on the main trail were enough for me today so I'll save that trip for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment