Monday 28 October 2013

Stepping out in Suffolk

Taking advantage of the extra hour, I took a drive down (across?) the A14 yesterday into Suffolk, to do the WWW.TRAIL. Only 25 caches, but it looked like a nice walk and I always enjoy visiting Suffolk, having lived there for some time. It did indeed prove to be a nice walk, with the weather remaining kind. Some of the hides proved to be a little troublesome for me to find, but I emerged with just one DNF.

Imaginative hint of the day: "Helix aspersa, a terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusk in the family Helicidae, (Called BRIAN)".

Dark at 5pm! I do wish this country would re-introduce double BST.

A slight hiccough on the return journey, a tyre blow-out at 80mph.
It did well to hold together
Luckily it was on the rear, so the Landy just kept going in a straight line. Still rather unsettling. I was near to an emergency pull-off layby, so was able to get the car there and change the wheel; a task I'd practised beforehand, to ensure I knew I could do it when I had to. Silver lining; the tyres were due to be changed anyway in the next couple of hundred miles.

Today marks the end of week one of my steroids treatment. Happily no more side effects. Not so happily, no sign of symptom ease yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment